If you want a comprehensive guide on how to change your Cricket APN Settings, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve included a step by step guide to programming your mobile device with the correct data network configurations.
Cricket’s main selling point when it comes to their wireless data services is their high area coverage, especially since they were acquired by AT&T and continue to operate with the addition of the telecom giant’s wide-reaching network. Cricket is a small player, but their offering of an unlimited internet plan, riding on their coverage asset, makes it very attractive to many consumers. The low-price tags make it an even sweeter deal that’s hard to ignore.
This comprehensive guide shows you the correct way of handling your Cricket APN settings. This is especially useful for users who use their data wireless plans with unlocked devices that came straight from retailers or the manufacturer.
Step by Step guide for configuring the APN Settings for Cricket: Android, Iphone and Windows
Troubleshooting your Cricke data settings and connection is very important especially for important functions. If you know a trick or two to help you see where your connection got wrong, you’ll know to look if there’s a wrong setting in your APN.
Cricket wireless APN for unlocked phones is not that hard to figure out. Our guide comprehensively includes the three most popular cellphone operating systems: Android, iOS and Windows Phone. We got all the Cricket Access Point Names. Is your Cricket data not working? Try the lists below to get the cellular data up and running.
Cricket Wireless APN Android – Easy setup guide
Your latest hot new smartphone won’t be much of use without your special unlimited plan. Getting the right Cricket APN settings for the Galaxy S6, S7 and S8 family of high-end smartphones, or have budget-friendly fun with the combination of affordable mid-range cellphones and Cricket’s wallet-friendly data deals.
There are two ways to accomplish this. You can use Automatic or Manual Configuration.
Android Automatic Configuration
- After you install your Cricket SIM in your device, you will receive 2 messages in your messages application. Tap to view.
- The messages are about your Internet and MMS services with Cricket. They are ready to be configured. Some devices can have the option to install the settings directly from the message. If you do not have this, proceed to step 3.
- You will receive a Configuration Message which will easily accessed via your notifications. Open the message.
- This message will list all the APN settings details that you need. It may also come with the Install button at the bottom, which will allow for an automatic, instant configuration. Tap Install, then tap OK. You will be informed of the completion of the installation via pop-up message.
- If you cannot Install, proceed to Manual Configuration.
6 steps Android Automatic Configuration
- Open the Settings application.
- Select Mobile Networks.
- Select Access Point Names.
- Select Internet.
- Follow the details in the table below to properly fill out the fields that come out:
|Multimedia Message Port||80|
|APN Roaming Protocol||IPv4|
|Turn APN On/Off||ON|
- After completing adding the details, you should be finished and ready to connect.
Cricket Wireless APN Iphone – Easy setup guide
Proudly call on Siri to do your Google searches by ensuring your iPhone can connect to internet instantly. iOS configuration is very simple, advanced, yet very effective. Note that you need to check if your iPhone model is compatible with the Cricket service. A rule of thumb is that if your phone is or newer than the iPhone 5, you should be ok. With these settings you want have issues with no data connection.
To program the correct Access Point Name on your iPhone follow the below listed 9 steps:
- Connect your device to a stable wireless internet connection.
- Connect to your device to a power outlet, or maintain your device’s battery life at 50% charge.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Select Software Update to ensure your software’s compatibility. If you need to update, do so before editing the APN settings.
- Download and Install the Update.
- Review the Terms and Conditions – select Agree when finished.
- Select Install Now and wait for your phone to finish.
- Once the update is complete, so are your settings. Select Continue to finish the process.
Cricket Wireless APN Windows Phone – Quick setup guide
Your unique Windows Phone can do everything that mainstream phones can – especially when you have Cricket’s unlimited data working on your device! You will need to do a manual configuration for both data and MMS.
- Open the Windows Settings application.
- Select Cellular + SIM or Cellular.
- Select SIM Settings.
- Select add Internet APN, and add the following:
- Go back to the previous menu, and select add MMS APN. Add the following settings:
|WAP Gateway Port||80|
|Maximum MMS Size||10240|
- Click on Save to remember the changes made and restart your phone or tablet.
Things to be aware of before changing your APN Settings
Don’t get started just yet. You need to see if your device programmed for a Cricket APN and thus will be compatible with a connection with your provider. Your phone must be unlocked and capable of having a Cricket SIM. If your device was received from a carrier, it is likely to be locked so best to check.
Of course, you need to make sure of the following points before you proceed with changing the APN settings of your phone. Here are the first few steps before you get those awesome Cricket data deals.
- You need to check if your phone is compatible with Cricket data connection. Provide your Device ID on the Cricket website to find out if your owned device is compatible.
- You need to order a new Cricket SIM card and pay for the first month of the plan.
- You need to activate your service online at cricketwireless.com/activate once you receive it.
- You need to insert your SIM card into your phone. If you have a dual SIM phone, just keep in mind where you keep your Cricket SIM.
If cellular phones were really as convenient as companies make them out to be, why bother learning the jargon behind it? Of course, calling up your customer service hotline is always a viable option for getting yourself out of your data mess, it’s always helpful to figure out things on your own. In this case, you don’t even need to fully understand which each setting corresponds to – as long as you have a full, accurate list of details that will be easily inputted in the proper fields.