How To Activate A Cricket Phone
You made the right move in choosing Cricket. Whether you’re a long-time customer or just switched over to take advantage of killer prices and great service, there are a few key steps to take to ensure you have the best experience possible as a Cricket customer. The most important of those steps? The phone! In order to tap into that awesome network and get connected, you’ll need to choose the best device for you and understand the Cricket phone activation process. If like many others you’re wondering, “How do I activate my Cricket phone?”, we’ve got you covered. Here, we’ll go cover the basics on How to Activate Cricket: A Phone Guide.
Know Your Options
Cricket makes selecting the perfect phone for your needs easy. They have a solid selection of phones available to their customers from high-quality companies such as Samsung, HTC, LG, and even Apple. With such a wide variety of phones to choose from, it’s simple to find your perfect match. Plus, Cricket regularly offers promotions and specials for new customers, so buying a new phone is both easy and affordable.
Unlike many carriers, Cricket also allows customers to use their services with a phone they already have or obtained independently. This drastically opens up opportunity to customers and gives them more freedom over their phone plan. Whatever you choose, here’s a step-by-step guide for how to activate a Cricket phone.
With Cricket, activating your phone is simple and can be done entirely online through the Cricket website. The online option is great for those wondering, “How do I activate my Cricket phone for free?” Online activation with Cricket is free. In-store activation is $25.
Before activating your device, it’s essential that you insert the SIM card into the phone and turn the phone ON. Once you’ve done that, follow these steps!
If you have a Cricket-supplied phone…
- If you purchased a Cricket phone online, make sure you have all the order information on hand, such as your order number and your new mobile number. This should be in an email confirmation or in the shipping information.
- If you are a new customer activating multiple devices on the same account, make sure you have all the devices powered ON with SIM cards inserted correctly. If you are trying to activate an old Cricket phone, you’ll first need to verify the ICCID and IMEI numbers.
- You’ll be prompted on the website to type in the various phone numbers associated with your account and the order number.
- Once all the required information is entered on the site, it’s time to activate! When this process is complete, you should have access to the awesome Cricket network.
If you prefer not to activate your phone online and are wondering, “What number do I call to activate my Cricket phone,” you can simply contact their customer support at 1-800-CRICKET (1-800-274-2538). If you have a Cricket phone, you can also dial 611.
Cricket also gives users the option to reactivate a Cricket wireless phone. If you reactivate in store, it costs $25, but if you do it online, it’s free.
If you have a phone from another carrier…
- Once you’ve chosen your Cricket plan and gone through the checkout process, you can easily activate a device that you obtained somewhere other than the Cricket site. You need to unlock your phone.
- Locate the ICCID number. This should be printed on a card that arrived in the mail with your new Cricket SIM card.
- You’ll also need your IMEI number. If you’re using a phone not supplied by Cricket, you’ll need to dial #06# on your device in order to find this number.
- If you want to transfer your current phone number, you’ll also need to have a copy of your most recent wireless bill handy to refer to for information.
- With all this info, activation will be easy, and help is always available by phone or online if you need it. Get connected and enjoy the Cricket network!
- Read our Dummy Proof Guide On Programming the APN Settings For Cricket.